Special Education & School Advocacy Services
Hawk Advocates helps children, youth, parents, and persons with disabilities. Providing support, guidance, nonlawyer advocacy, and representative services.
About Hawk Advocates
Hawk Advocates began because Heather Hawk believes that no one should have to go through the special education system or school discipline process alone. Heather provides essential advocacy services to children and youth with disabilities and students in trouble at school. She helps families understand the special education system. With Heather’s ongoing support, parents become confident advocates for their children. Advocacy services can be crucial to a student facing suspension, expulsion, and/or reassignment to another school. Throughout the school discipline process and/or disciplinary hearings, Heather provides guidance and support. Heather works with agencies and attorneys when needed for a student to receive a free appropriate public education.
Call or e-mail Heather at 239-823-9573 to schedule your free consultation.
Heather’s education, experience, and training includes:
- Navigating the Special Education System
- How to Autopsy an IEP: Finding & Filling Holes to Obtain Educational Goals
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Understanding Behavior, Behavior Intervention, and School Discipline
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- How to Handle Bullying or Harassment
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- What Works (and What Doesn’t) for Behaviorally Challenged Students
- Grievance and Complaint Procedures
- Conflict Resolution Skills and the Power of Persuasion
Call or e-mail Heather at 239-823-9573 to schedule your free consultation